TON 0.00% 1.1¢ triton minerals ltd

LOI extension - pros and cons

1. 1,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1735
    A) Summary
    This is not the best of announcements for me but I can live with it.

B) Cons

We have had 2 mega announcements relating to YXGC and have lost the opportunity to do a capital raising at 71 cents.

If SQZG had any doubts, they should have informed earlier; then maybe BB and team could have considered the possibility of capital raisings at 71 c or between 50 and 70

SQZG might be having cold feet of buying at 50 c when market price is lower

Indeed share price might have been higher just on the basis of YXGC announcements

C) Pros

If SQZG wanted to play games, they would have delayed announcing this till end of June. But they didn’t do anything of that sort and I appreciate their honesty. They do seem honest and genuine. At least, we have received the news as soon as possible

There really is a possibility that SQZG wants to be more deeply involved as investor. In that case, they would probably be waiting for TON’s DFS which is also due within 6 months. It is often difficult to get funding without DFS; so we should not be disappointed

We still have other huge announcements like YXGC ones and loads of other positives

If all goes well with the DFS, SQZG directly or indirectly might just end up taking over TON completely. TON is an absolute bargain at these prices for takeover at even double or triple the price. The further DD could be for takeover..??? Who knows. Surely, SQZG seems the massive potential for TON in longer term.

D) What I would like TON to do

SQZG can still go ahead with the debt financing for the rest of the project. I would like TON to push ahead with that if possible

My recent warnings of learning from LMB’s mistake must be taken extremely seriously. I cannot highlight this enough. History does not always repeat itself but it often rhymes

I have been saying repeatedly from my first comment that cash, debt, funding etc. must be taken very seriously by TON as these are the main factors that will lead us to production

I mentioned in my earlier comments that TON cannot take anything for granted with customers in coming years and any expansion, debt etc. must be handled with caution. I’d like them to continue on that track

I’d like TON to not just sign on dotted lines but go ahead and actually obtain cash. Signatures mean nothing till we actually get cash

I’d like TON to continue looking out for other sources of funding and not be reliant on any one party. The same applies for offtakes

E) Conclusion

TON is going to be a volatile ride all the way to production. So don’t expect a joy ride.

I’ve stated from the start that even if TON goes to 1c, it would not change my mind on fundamentals. Nothing has changed for me from that angle. I have not sold anything today and consider these prices beyond ridiculous from long term angle

I still have faith in TON and BB and team. This does not mean that I am not paying attention to risks. The same risks that I have identified earlier are the ones that I am focusing on now.

From my first comment I have been saying that TON needs to get funding and make it to production. This IMHO is still the main thing that will matter in the longer run

I've tried my best to present a balanced opinion every time. I trust BB and team to take us over the finishing line in time, and they have my backing 100%. My comments are mainly from longer term angle again, as always. I haven’t a clue about short term movements but on fundamentals, these prices are ridiculous. Each trader/investor must determine their own risk level and play their own game.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TON (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.1¢ 1.0¢ $4.893K 489.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 82414 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 299892 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.53pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TON (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.