LOM 7.41% 5.0¢ lucapa diamond company limited

OK selma....looks like your one of the bright folk here. As you...

1. 8,644 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 437
    OK selma....looks like your one of the bright folk here. As you found out, we had a lot more fun back in the earlier days when some of the brighter traders were still around. You asked a question on the weekend and lo and behold......not one sensible answer to your request. Typical!

So I will have a go for you.

OK...so let me paraphrase the question to see if I have it right. In essence you were asking how to seperate trading from family/social commitments.....is that correct?

Well, here are some real ideas.....

First.....the buck stops with you. It's your career and you need to take charge. No if's and but's. You need affirmative action, not talk.

2....Google Justine Pollard and Louise Bedford. I think you may find that they are both approachable....so send them a letter and ask how they juggled family with trading....they might have some ideas.

3...Go to your local library and search out autobiographies from authors/singer-songwriters/succesful women and see if they have written on the subject of family and careers. (folk such as Cyndi Lauper, Merryl Streep....u get the picture)

4....If you are making good money trading and consistantly, explore the possibility of having a builder close off the trading room/study from the inside of the house and make it accessible from only the outside.
    Go then to Officeworks or whoever sells 'office' signs, 'hours of business' signs and open/closed signs. Put these on your office door.
    By doing this you send a clear message to family and friends that you have an official office and by leaving the house and entering your office you are creating a physical boundary between work and home.

5......try this site for some further ideas. http://www.shedworking.co.uk/

regards 64.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
-0.004(7.41%)
Mkt cap ! $14.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.0¢ $14.46K 285.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 70000 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 120000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.