london has first october snow in over 70 years, page-40

1. 4,618 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    I have skim read and understand your assertions.

If the article has truth in it I would suspect there to be at least two pathways that permit oil production fossil and non-fossil pathways. It would be fair to say that both pathways may occur simultaneously!

It does not however support the arguement that the greenhouse effect is bollocks. It tells us that hydrocarbons may come from more than one source and nothing more.

If you look at the pathways involved in creating oil from abiotic pathways you will note that an immense amount of energy is still required ..... this is the crux of the problem. It is the energy released into our atmosphere from burning the oil, not the origins of the oil.

CO2 is exteremely stable and can absorb/ trap lots of energy from the sun within our atmosphere. The more we put into the atmosphere, the more it traps. A simplistic model of the greenhouse effect, but enough to demonstrate the point.

So in summary I respect your thoughts and insight but cannot alter my views re: climate change. I do not believe the article support the bebunking of the greenhouse effect, it just 'debunks' the concept of where oil comes from.

GC

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.