london has first october snow in over 70 years, page-42

1. 12,609 Posts.
    As usual, it never ceases to amaze me how some people can accuse those that believe in manmade climate change of being gullible or stupid. That is a classic. They make that accusation from a relatively uninformed position???

We have a majority of expert climate scientists that subscribe to the argument of AGW, but let's concede that they may all be wrong. We have some expert scientists that argue to the contrary and fair enough.

I have heard supposedly informed sceptics put their cases to a renowned scientist, and he literally massacred them with his responses. It was pitiful and quite embarrassing to watch him destroy their flimsy arguments.

I don't have the understanding of all the various factors that need to be considered. This isn't based on a few figures here and there, and a few cold snaps here and there, blah blah blah. Let's get real.

To be able to sustain a credible argument one way or the other, one needs to have done years of research focussing on this very issue. No one here has done that, so let's not have the old accusations of gullibility. I am unsure about the warnings, but I tend to go with the majority of scientists that believe in AGW, simply because anytime I've seen both sides argue their cases, the sceptics don't seem to be able to sustain their arguments at all. They have been made to look very one-dimensional.

Discrediting the opposition is one tried and proven method of winning an argument, but just coming out with cries of 'gullible' without the knowledge to back it up, just ain't gonna cut it this time....lol. Sorry.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.