ETM 4.35% 2.2¢ energy transition minerals ltd

No mention of uranium by product here, I thought the iron ore...

1. 55 Posts.
    No mention of uranium by product here, I thought the iron ore was also contaminated with U.
    Seems like a favourable translation to me, a bit of bias reporting, no doubt somebody favours this and not GGG.

Mining company take next step towards production

Nicola Kemp (left) from London Mining head office in London is currently in Nuuk to organise the new office which will become the company?s Greenland headquarters. Pictured also are Bolette Nielsen, who will run the Nuuk office, and geologist and consultant Greg Barnes (Photo: Jørgen Chemnitz)

Expectations for mining in Greenland have been colossal, but London Mining is the only mining company which that continues preparations to open a mine
    By Jørgen Chemnitz

Within the space of three to four years London Mining expects to have established iron ore excavations 140 kilometres northeast of the capital of Nuuk, creating an estimated 300 jobs that will largely be recruited from the local workforce.

andlsquo;We will produce iron ore, and it will be ore of the highest quality in the world,andrsquo; said Greg Barnes, geologist and consultant for London Mining.

The company moved into a new office in Nuuk two weeks ago, establishing its first permanent presence in the capital. The office will be the centre of company activity over the next few years, as geologists and consultants prepare the way for the establishment of the iron ore mine.

London Mining has also acquired an additional drill from NunaMinerals, which had a drilling rig and crew available after completing its own completed its drilling.

Besides drilling, MTHøjgaardandrsquo;s mining division is looking into what construction work needs to be carried out, with preliminary estimates pointing to up to as many as 2,000 workers being required for the completion of the work.

As well as geologists and engineers, archaeologists and environmentalists will be working on the site to record the conditions in the area. Their work will be incorporated into material that has to be submitted to the Raw Material Directorate during the final phase of preparation, when the mining licence is awarded.

It is expected that preliminary work carried out over the summer and autumn will provide a better indication than is currently available as to the projects future profitability.

Currently, 25 geologists and technicians are at work in the fjord carrying out test drillings to create a more accurate picture of the prevalence of iron ore. Preliminary estimates point to about 955 million tonnes with an unusually high purity percent of 34.

The ore will be transported down to the coast via pipelines to be shipped twice a month on vessels capable of carrying up to 300,000 tonnes.

andlsquo;The advantage is that the ore is high up in the mountains, so gravity will do most of the work, helped by some water, of pumping the ore down the fjord,andrsquo; said Barnes.

Initial production will be five million tonnes of ore per year, but the mine has an estimated potential production capacity of double that figure.

Generally, the prospects for the project seem positive, but the company is aware of the problems that it will face, and is already working to alleviate them.

Barnes explained that one of the main potential markets for the company was China. Currently the distance between Greenland and Asia make shipping costly, but if Polar ice were to melt at some point, ships travelling via the Northwest Passage could make it in considerably less time.

For this reason, London Mining has concluded an agreement with a Saudi Arabian company that will process the ore and produce steel tubes for the oil industry in Saudi Arabia for export to China

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
-0.001(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $30.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.3¢ 2.1¢ $37.78K 1.681M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1510902 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 50951 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.