EVN 1.38% $3.58 evolution mining limited

Seriously I don't think so. Not with a pussy gold price move...

1. 6,134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2845
    Seriously I don't think so. Not with a pussy gold price move like that. Shorts can stay there for all I care and if they get the price to a certain level I'll be happy to top up again.

As a gold miner investor the last 20 years I can definitely say that my investor bedfellows are a bunch of Henny Penny's and Chicken Littles positioning themselves into Gold Miners because the sky is falling! Near sighted weak hands and easy pickings for shorts. It's a sad reality. Fundamentally good gold miners have an investor problem. They can't retain good LT investors...

Why gold miners attract the wrong kind of investors is due to an image problem. Last time I checked there is 196 gold miners and gold exploration companies in the ASX. Count them, they are all listed here. What is worse is only 20 of these are investments grade. Think about that for a sec... Only 1 in 10 gold/gold related companies in the ASX are investment grade (and I'm being generous on that ratio because the list includes BHP, OZL and SFR due to their gold by-products). No wonder the whole sector is painted with a broad red brush. The ASX and the world is saturated with gold miners and explorers that most gold investors would rather hold via VE/GDX/GDXJ than sort through that kind of chaff. Those that hold directly are only in it for a trade and those on a trade are the ones that complains about a shorts the most.

When your long you can treat shorts as a play thing. If you are on a trade shorts treat you as one instead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.58
Change
-0.050(1.38%)
Mkt cap ! $7.109B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.58 $3.58 $3.51 $50.79M 14.26M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 289085 $3.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.58 27806 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.