CAB 2.67% $2.19 cabcharge australia limited

Gralynchett, I do not wish to be presumptious, but I really urge...

1. 1,708 Posts.
    Gralynchett, I do not wish to be presumptious, but I really urge you to broaden your understanding of the dynamics of the industry.

Yes, paper vouchers on the way out, but Cabcharge issued smartcards on the rise.

Just go back to basics, why would a retailer not install systems to accept Visa and Mastercard, but opt for a cheaper alternative of say perhaps Diners and UnionPay? So why would a cab operator (who is not necessarily the driver) not install systems to accept the most dominant and popular form of payment? Flip the situation again, how much more difficult would it be to sublease your taxi in shifts if your taxi does not accept the most popular form of payment?

Further, you also need to understand the fundamental reason why CAB's blue voucher is so widely used, bearing in mind that cash has been a competitor since the start. I will not give away anything further other than to say that it is not necessarily the taxi customer sitting in the taxi that determines whether a voucher should be used or not.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.