WHC 3.01% $5.47 whitehaven coal limited

Long term coal price., page-120

1. 988 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 668
    "And if the modeling is wrong, then Renewables were simply the equivalent of paying an insurance policy."

I believe you failed to grasp what I was trying to say. Renewables do not achieve what they are marketed as being capable of doing. They have a high cost to the environment which can be calculated. By comparing the amount of energy required during the construction, installation and decommissioning process to the amount of power generated during the systems life cycle we can see that it is saving nothing, reducing nothing and only increasing what man has always done, which is rape the environment.

A great way of looking at it is as a ROI in terms of energy units as another poster here has mentioned. Renewables propaganda has convinced people that it can do what is impossible in the law of electricity/physics, that is to produce free electricity. There is no free electricity, it is simply a transfer of one form of energy to another. It is basically Newtons Third Law.

To truly save the environment we would need to dramatically reduce spending/consumption of all things that require energy. This would look something like every item imaginable having a CO2 credit that shows how much energy was used to produce it and deliver it to you. This would be applied to everything, from food, fuel, furniture, cosmetics, air travel. Then apply a government imposed yearly cap on the amount of these credits available for each person and wallah, we are saving the environment.

This of course will never happen because capitalism wont allow it and restricting people is never a good idea, they are self centred and in the moment only care about what they want. Renewables are perfect because they fit into capitalism because they drive more jobs, mining, spending and ironically, pollution while making people feel morally self righteous about their decadent and indirect environmentally polluting way of life.

I for one wont go and waste my time on your "renewables forum" and smash my head against the wall with hired bots and mental patients that spread the propaganda for their corporate overlords. Ive wasted enough time here this topic and I think I have had my fill of it for at least the next 6 months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.47
Change
-0.170(3.01%)
Mkt cap ! $4.563B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.52 $5.63 $5.45 $34.59M 6.264M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 26329 $5.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.47 16676 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.06pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.