WHC 2.09% $7.75 whitehaven coal limited

Long term coal price., page-20

1. 6,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 993
    As noted above, the price differential between those three energy sources is likely associated with intrinsic characteristcs such as transport, storage and geographical location. Gas and nuclear are also great investments as they can both provide the 24/7 reliability at a low price which renewables can't match. I also formed the FMG/RIO/BHP == coal/gas/nuclear analogy to help explain this point.
    Supply can't come online fast enough for at least 12 months and even then, we've had political types taking selfies at power plants which have been blown up... these would need to be rebuilt.
    Renewables will continue in the future, however, not only cant they provide 24/7 power at a price below US$275 (my mid point number from Lazard)... there physically isn't enough battery minerals on the planet to build enough storage capacity. No one can build technology that breaks the laws of physics. So yes, coal will continue along with gas & nuclear.
    Im literally calling the paradigm shift in global energy pricing. I'm a no name on an internet forum, so I'll get no credit... but I expect you to defend me if some upstart wanker decides to take credit for it... hehehe... <grins>

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.75
Change
-0.165(2.09%)
Mkt cap ! $6.483B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.85 $7.88 $7.71 $20.22M 2.602M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 15779 $7.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.75 49339 63
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.38pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.