PLS 0.84% $2.96 pilbara minerals limited

5 factors I thought of that have the potential to heavily impact...

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    5 factors I thought of that have the potential to heavily impact company value over next 18 months or so:

Summary:

PLS management
    Unexpected crap happens, sometimes a lot
    We are just a resource company
    There needs to be a market
    If the game gets hot others will want to play

Long version:
    * PLS management: ability of management to get mine to appropriate production economically and with minimum delay and to run the company well (getting to mine on time and running a sustainable company not necessarily the same thing).
    Delays, unexpected mining difficulties and unforseen higher costs obviously a negative. Also a company that turns out to be badly run will have its value dropped when people realise it isn't stable.

* Crap that happens every decade or two: maintenance of current stable world political and economic landscape. Global or regional political instability or economic problems obviously negative. These always seem unpredictable and unexpected despite what lots of experts say afterward.

* PLS are only the producers: we rely on the competency, planning, capability and appetite of manufacturers (and countries) who are planning on consuming lithium

* We need a market: we need to have (or for there to be a perception of) a growing world appetite for moves to electrical energy storage.
    Unexpected environmental events like Exon Valdeez, Fukishima, Hurricane Katrina etc are potentially positive for PLS (sadly), whilst countries/politicians/lobbyists who, for domestic political or financial gain, manage to successfully prop up or push fossil based energy on a global level are a negative.

* Who wants to play?: potential impacts of merger and acquisition activity (toss a coin - there will be winners and losers)
    Last edited by Jonkster: 29/11/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.96
Change
-0.025(0.84%)
Mkt cap ! $8.969B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.00 $3.01 $2.95 $12.52M 4.214M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 500525 $2.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.96 77308 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.45am 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.