VCX 3.88% $2.01 vicinity centres

I just hope Victoria can contain the virus. If it gets into NSW...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    I just hope Victoria can contain the virus. If it gets into NSW and they need to lock-down in a couple of weeks' time, I can see all the REITs being smashed. There are already reports of cases in NSW being found. This virus spreads fast. A lot of damage can be caused in just one week.

PandaBear, I am grateful to Abram (above) for the information about buying after the crash in 2009. Especially regarding interest coverage. I stupidly spent a lot of the money I had saved over many years in 2007, at $2.20, buying MCW - thinking it was safe and conservative. It was my first serious share purchase and I was in a mixture of shock, panic and disbelief as the price dropped to around $0.20¢. I somehow found the courage to put my last $5,000 into MCW in early 2009, went overseas, and didn't look at any share prices again until 2015 (it depressed me even thinking about how much I'd lost). Fortunately, the dividends (which I should have reinvested, but didn't) but mostly that last-ditch $5,000 averaging down took my average price down a lot. I managed to break-even when l sold (as CQR) in early 2016. I can't help but think a) how lucky I was to avoid losing a few years' worth of savings, b) how stupid I was to be so aggressive, young and foolish in 2007, c) how much I could have profited and set myself up for life if I'd only bought those shares in 2009. It's really clouded my judgement scarred me, but has given me a lot of insight about the current Covid opportunity although it's made me very weary of the risk. I really admire Abram for seeing an opportunity and acting on it when l, and others, were too busy seeing that the sky had fallen in. It will soon be time for me to buy. I'll be doing so very cautiously; a few thousand dollars at a time over a period of a few months. No big ego-driven purchases. I'm also looking at the ETF VAP to spread my risk. That looks like a good investment to me - at 5 year lows. Although VCX and SCG are not far behind. Good luck everyone

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.