"Yep, I couldn't argue against your facts. You said the banks...

1. 16,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7957
    "Yep, I couldn't argue against your facts. You said the banks weren't doing criminal acts. They later admitted they were. You were catastrophically wrong."

Please don't lie; I did not say that.

As a matter of fact the, sanctions arsing from the Royal Commission were relatively light - far lighter than I , along with many commentators smarter than me, had expected.

What I did say, however, was that the negative sentiment arising from the Royal Commission had created a buying opportunity in the banking sector because it had driven bank sector market valuations to below market values.

"So if anyone points out you have been catastrophically wrong, and that's been proven, and that has cost the people who trust you on this ASX forum big bucks, that's an ad hominem act against you. You're the victim, according to you. No one is allowed to criticise your very, very flawed past performance."

In relation to my ...er... performance on the banks and your assertion of it costing people, who trusted me, "big bucks", let them contact me and I will gladly compensate them for their losses.

I believe my money is safe, however, because here is what banks stocks have done since the Royal Commission's findings and recommendations were handed down:

Banks Investment Returns.JPG
    [*] Date of the publication of recommendations of Hayne Royal Commission report

The average of the Total Investment Returns from the major banks over the period since the Royal Commission is 32%.

By contrast, the total Investment Return from the ASX All Ordinaries Index is 24% (17.5% capital gain - 7344 today vs 62500 in Feb 2019, and 6.5% in dividends).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.