PAR 0.00% 26.5¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

Long Term Holders...How Many Shares Are You Hoarding?, page-137

1. 4,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6930
    On the 2nd of December 2019 the super poster Vogelworld started a new novel thread titled "Long Term Holders...How Many Shares Are You Hoarding?". Might I take this opportunity to thank her and wish her a Happy Mother's day and in fact to all the mum's reading this, hope you had a nice day! Bringing up kids is an arduous task both in terms of effort, finance and patience. There is always a generation gap and add to this the lockdowns we face and it does add up. Yes I know we should be thanking them every day but it's nice to have a special day to remind us to think of them specifically.

Ok back to it.

SO I thought we have enough data now to compile and analyse the topic "How many shares are you hoarding?".

NOTES

The whole exercise if I can paraphrase VogelWorld was NOT to compare and gloat, it's not what we are about here at PAR-HC. We encourage a friendly but fun forum where we can learn and even have a laugh at some attempted humour along the way. Finally we are here to make a profit no doubt, but we can do this in the right way by respectively listening to one another even if we do not always agree with every post or every comment.

We have some real experts here in terms of posters that bring us great Media snapshots.We have a thread dedicated to Charting and tech analysis. We have individuals that are very knowledgeable in terms of the science, the medicine and the bio-mechanisms. It's a big job but worth going through the past posts to discover this stuff.I also highly-highly recommend going through some of the posts from the actual patients that have shared their personal stories scattered through our threads, it's a true and unique insight that is rare to get. We are fortunate to have their personal accounts...it's personally added to my own conviction.

In fact it doesn't matter how many shares an individual has. I know there are some that have under 1000. The fact that you are a shareholder or even the fact that you are just reading along and taking an interest is enough. You already are ahead of the curve in my opinion. I do encourage you not just to listen to me but go through the many great posts, the awesome discussions and the positive and (very little) negative research we have uncovered along the way.

I am heavily biassed despite trying to keep an open mind, so as I say, don't just listen to me, formulate your own educated opinion and research for yourself, there is much to be discovered if you are new to this amazing company.

A few caveats as per usual.These are just my thoughts, please DYOR. This data is little old and as Oxxa23 wrote we are at the mercy of the data people posted at the time, we will go with it assuming it is about right.Now without knowing many specific numbers, I have struck a mid point in terms of the rating system. Here is Vogelworld's scale again:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2148/2148917-59e062c8de91009e3961cc815cf25bbd.jpg

So if you are a '3', I have deemed that to be 7,500 shares
    If you are a '4' then it's 15,000 etc

This will give us a rough idea of the averages.

ANALYSIS

Ok here are the numbers.

There were some 60 odd participants, I have tried to update and use the latest figures (there were a small handful of posters that re-posted their holdings over the last few months so I have used the latest figures).I have not linked any names so even though this whole forum is anonymous, there is no link to names and numbers.

THE AVERAGE

On average of our little group, the holding is: 123,274 shares

THE MEDIAN

It's common knowledge amongst statisticians that the Median provides a better representation of a given cohort. Why? What's the diff...The easiest way to think of this is in a given suburb,.you might have most houses valued at close to the average but there will be a few at each end...a few that are run down and weigh the average down a bit...and possibly a few that are so crazily priced in a large way...these outliers tend to skew and warp the average one way or another (usually upwards if the prices for the mansions are way more than the average house in that suburb).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2148/2148925-214c8a4f10ca941b66fdafd60ab83a86.jpg
    Blah, a house like this in amongst more average houses is going to skew the average heavily, the Median won't be as easily influenced. Hey Pool_King, which suburb do you live again? I hope this isn't YOUR house?!

So a median attempts to remove this bias. It is simply defined as 50% of the data is below the median figure, and 50% above.In our case the Median computes out to be: 40,000 shares. So we can see the ave was a large 123,000 odd, quite a good bit higher than the median, in other words it's getting skewed up due to larger holdings. The 40 K is a more realistic representation of what the average Hot Coperian Par holder has.

TOTAL BLOCK SIZE

I hope and trust we never need to band together, hey, I like most of you but us coming together to block vote would mean we are going against something and that's usually not great if we have to fight whatever it is.Total Block size = 7,634,565.

What is this as a % would be the next question I would ask...well simply 7.634 / 224 Million...that equals 3.4%Not too bad...yes small on paper...but it's something. Don't forget sometimes such small percentages are all that's required to achieve a majority or block some vote. We would be a force together to some extent.As I have said, I hope and trust it wont ever come to play.

A PICTURE IS WORTH....

Ok all nice figures Mozz, my darned head is full of your stats running around my brain now......let's see a picture or two to make life easier:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2148/2148931-61fca34f1efbe394e17b13f7758b1630.jpg

Figure 1- Bar Chart representation of HC Paradigmer's shareholdings, 60 or so respondent's data. (Single click on above chart if it's too small to make it larger).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2148/2148932-548a9e8fc15afcf89b5c1eae942f1721.jpg
    Figure 2 - Standard Deviation - Vertical Bands show a 1 standard deviation.

Ok this one needs a little explaining , the std deviation (of a population) is defined as follows:"The standard deviation is a statistic that measures the dispersion of a dataset relative to its mean ". 1 WHO? What's he on about?? Mozzie speak please...right, it just means how scattered is the data on average...if the data is bl**dy everywhere and someone has 4 shares and lots have millions and it's just all over the place, then the std deviation will be large. If everyone pretty much has the same holding...then the std deviation will be low low low - Easy. A one standard deviation means that around 68% of the data falls within this range.

So how do we rate? Well our std deviation computed out to be some 238,117. That's fairly large overall so in other words in our little forum, we have all sorts of investors. To me, I reckon that's good. We get a whole heaps of perspectives and opinions and that's what we want ...we want to be able to take on various opinions and ideas...right form the young teenager through to the big professional 708 2 and beyond.

Thanks again Vogelworld, I really enjoyed the thread and getting a glimpse of what people have, it was a good and worth-while insight.

Let's see what tomorrow brings eh'? I hope the Buyer/Seller ratio is still adequate skewed! Statistically speaking of course. wink.png

REFERENCES

1] https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/standarddeviation.asp
    2] https://iknow.cch.com.au/topic/tlp1775/overview/section-708-offers-that-do-not-need-disclosure
    Last edited by Mozzarc: 10/05/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.