MRM 0.78% $2.58 mma offshore limited

Long term investment

1. 114 Posts.
    You'd have to be very smart to treat this as a short term play and win out. In my opinion you're fighting for pips and with the algos you will lose or have your profit reduced by algos. The only way to profit from this is to buy for the long term.

MRM is well positioned for a recovery when it happens. WHEN, not if... Could happen in 3 months once inventories and shale production starts to slow, could take 2 years. No one knows and everything is a guess until it happens. The best way to play this is to grab a position for the recovery and hold on tight. The skill involved is timing it. If you bought in today you could have gotten it cheap in a week, or perhaps have to pay more, again its all guesswork.

I sleep easy at night knowing that mrm will weather the storm because its fleet is young, giving it a longer life ahead. Its expanding its high-spec fleet and is capable of delivering on the industries' complex needs and challenges. Funding mrm's committed build program is be no problem with cash in the bank ready. Payments on debt don't look to be in trouble even though we are in a down cycle. And short term Australian revenue will see us sail through the next 2 years in a better position to our peers.

What I would like to see is management taking any unprofitable vessels out of service and reducing the operating costs of the vessels section, selling some of our older OSVs, and look at costs savings (Already being done as per half yeary and is probably the only thing that will save our profit until oil comes back in price).

Also I've stated this before, but I do believe a takeover is on the cards in the next few months. Some smart investors could easily offer a 50% premium and still getting a bargain with NTA at $2.19. Im seeing this happen across the industry and its unfortunate that jaya was so badly times as MRM are not in a position to buy out cheap assets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.58
Change
0.020(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $977.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.56 $2.59 $2.54 $37.20M 14.51M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1350703 $2.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.60 67518 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MRM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.