A2M 4.17% $5.74 the a2 milk company limited

Hi Legacy,Thanks for starting this thread and sharing your...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Hi Legacy,
    Thanks for starting this thread and sharing your thoughts. I always enjoy reading your posts as they are well reasoned and thoughtful. I trust over time that this thread doesn't digress into "What do you think the SP will be tomorrow?"

Agree with your thoughts as expressed in the 4 categories above. About the only thing to add is a cautionary note about developing a more robust supply chain in conjunction with the increased marketing spend. Creating and maintaining demand is one side of the equation, meeting that demand is the other. When I read in the presentation Wehave enhanced our approach to inventory management, enabling us to adjust morequickly to demand changes by increasing our inventory cover.” my eyebrows were raised. Out of the total inventory increase to $108,453,000, Goods In Transit have increased from $8,409,000 in 2018 to $38,964,000 in 2019, the largest increase of any of the inventory categories. Increasing inventory alone is not necessarily a sign of an improved supply chain. I'm thinking this reflects a shift from Daigou dependence to more MBS sales. I'm thinking in terms of cash-to-cash cycle from paying for raw materials to receiving money from sales. The longer your supply chain is in terms of time or complexity, the inventory, hence cost, are incurred. Daigous provide a quicker return on capital while MBS includes shipping and handling costs which are reflected in reduced margins. I'm hoping that this will be addressed over time by streamlining the supply chain and not just throwing inventory at it. I do wonder how much of the increased product being shipped is in preparation of 11/11 and 12/12. If we create more demand without properly addressing product availability that leads to a different set of expectations and possibility lost sales opportunities.

As a LT investor I am not so much fretting about daily fluctuations however I do keep my eye on the SP as I fund my retirement. Thanks again for starting this thread, it looks like its off to a great start!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.74
Change
0.230(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $4.155B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.54 $5.88 $5.47 $19.14M 3.360M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10518 $5.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.75 168 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.