Greetings Dirty .. For myself as a landlord , I love long leases...

1. 3,791 Posts.
    Greetings Dirty ..

For myself as a landlord , I love long leases gives me certainity and shows the tennant is committed . Obviously however the most common lease is 12 months .

As someone else said everything is potentially negotiable .And certainly if you are dealing with a good property manager , all your feedback and requests should go back to the owner . My best managing agent down here was absolutely brilliant with their reporting and feedback , requests .

With regard to work being carried out on the property , for me ..I would never agree to the tennant doing this , too much risk in my view , and changes the essense of the relationship in some way , I keep it business , therefore I only use registered trades , even if the Tennant were a sparky for example and wanted electrical work done ..I would get it done by someone else , Its just the way I like to handle my affairs .

Just as I never do any work on the houses myself , I dont expect the tennant to either ..

But this is just me ..others may be different , and maybe they are happy to cut a deal with you .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.