BRU 3.66% 7.9¢ buru energy limited

They keep frightening me about the strong USD. I open my my eyes...

1. 800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    They keep frightening me about the strong USD. I open my my eyes wider to see how the job figures are improving while shale drillers are slowing down.

Perhaps I should enjoy school holiday and forget about the RUBBISH news. Like what Speculator101 said.

But I'm addicted to news. That’s the problem.

(Repeats to additional subscribers) * Dollar up broadly, back above 120.00 yen * Yellen says Fed still on track to hike rates this year * Dollar on track for best week since mid-July By Jemima Kelly LONDON, Sept 25 (Reuters) - The dollar rallied across the board on Friday after U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen left the door open to a hike in interest rates later this year, putting the greenback on track for its best week in over two months. The dollar had hit a three-week low against a basket of major currencies .DXY after the Fed failed to raise rates at its September meeting and cut its U.S. growth forecasts a week earlier, with some investors pushing their expectations of a first hike in almost a decade into 2016. But in a speech late on Thursday, Yellen said she expected the Fed to begin raising rates later in 2015, as long as inflation remained stable and the U.S. economy was strong enough to boost employment. ID:nL1N11U2VK The dollar index rose half a percent to 96.502 on Friday, turning around from a slide to 95.458 the previous day, and taking its gains for the week to 1.7 percent - its best performance since mid-July. The euro fell 0.8 percent to $1.1138 EUR= , pulling away from levels closer to $1.1300 on Thursday. If conditions dont worsen between now and the September employment report next week, (there could be) possibly a little bit of incremental dollar appreciation...but Im not convinced it will be too aggressive, said BMO Capital Markets currency strategist Stephen Gallo in London. The market views the international picture as the same, if not worse, than it was this time last week: equities have weakened further, Chinese data have been worse than expected, the Brazilian data hit a record low. Markets had been in a downbeat mood before Yellen spoke, with Wall Street closing in the red and safe-haven U.S. Treasury yields falling. But since her remarks, the 10-year Treasury yield US10YT=RR nudged up, and U.S. stock futures ESc1 turned higher. Against the safe-haven yen, the dollar firmed 0.4 percent to 120.61 JPY= , having been as low as 119.21 before Yellens comments. The dollar has traded in a narrow 118.60-121.38 yen band this month - in contrast to moves between 116 and 125 last month - and was expected to stay range-bound even after the latest statements from Yellen. Despite what Yellen said, there is still no guarantee that the Fed will hike rates this year. As such, the dollar is likely to lack clear direction and move within 118-122 yen for a while, said Masafumi Yamamoto, senior strategist at Monex in Tokyo. (Additional reporting by Ian Chua in Sydney and Shinichi Saoshiro in Tokyo; Editing by Toby Chopra) (([email protected]; +44)(0)(20 7542 7508; Reuters Messaging: [email protected])) Keywords: MARKETS FOREX/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.