LYC 2.68% $6.51 lynas rare earths limited

long term...

1. 1,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1924
    Let's be honest here, the future of Lynas is predicated on the success of the fledgling Rare Earth industry as a whole...

When painted with a broad brush, the widespread use of RE's will make for not only a successful Lynas but a successful RE sector which is not a bad thing...

As I said before and is a pretty well-known fact, success by Lynas, GWM, Ucore and many others will result in success for Lynas. IMO the opposite will happen, that is Lynas and possibly Moly will lead the way bringing this entire sector to life and what a life it will be...

OK, where do I come up with this? I was reading a fantastic, recent article I found on a local Colorado US Senator's website in which he congratulates the Colorado School of Mines on receiving a government grant "to create a research hub dedicated to addressing the shortage of rare earth and other critical materials used in clean energy and defense technologies".

The article goes on to say "This award is exciting because it will allow us to leverage the intellectual power of the Colorado School of Mines and a series of institutions across America to address one of the key supply-chain challenges in our country: access to rare earth and critical materials,"

"Colorado School of Mines will have a team of more than 25 faculty members, researchers and students working as part of the CMI team. Mines' role will focus on process engineering, recycling, materials design, economic analysis and educational activities--in collaboration with local, regional and national industry partners,"

The significance of this, IMO, is that Rare Earth products transcend the product of many companies like Netflicks, Facebook and other blockbuster companies that have products easily copied or duplicated. It is just a matter of time before these products will be imitated. Poof, there goes the competitive advantage.

On the other hand, as I mentioned before, one does not wake up in the morning and decide that this is the day to go into RE's. This is a process and industry that has tremendous barriers of entry and will enjoy tremendous benefits from the economies of scale. This is definitely an undertaking that requires many years of planning and shrewd execution for success...

My point here is that the RE story remains unchanged. As is evidenced by the article, interested in RE's is growing and will see an exponential growth curve as these new scientists find more and more uses for each and every element.

Sure, the day to day price can be puzzling and downright depressing to watch. I have to admit I am down significantly (financially) in my position, but I am very pleased with the developments I am seeing in the Lynas story. I have not and do not plan to sell any of my position as I think we are with the first mover and most successful RE in the industry by a long shot.

Five years down the road Lynas will be trading significantly higher with even greater prospects as investors discover this exciting opportunity... How long will it take? Who knows but with a long term outlook, who cares... JMHO...

http://www.markudall.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=3032

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.51
Change
0.170(2.68%)
Mkt cap ! $6.085B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.44 $6.55 $6.43 $12.35M 1.897M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 63738 $6.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.52 20817 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.