LYC 2.68% $6.51 lynas rare earths limited

long term..., page-3

1. 79 Posts.
    agree with you there toly. it never ceases to amaze me what is on hotcopper. it really reminds me of the fabled mr market. sometimes he/she is euphoric and sometimes, chronically depressed. often the latter. whatever the case, i really wonder at the wisdom of taking ppl's opinion at face value. for instance, if they knew something that no one else/the public did, why should they share their knowledge.... free of charge to the public, in a domain that is easily trackable. ie: if it turned out to be insider info, they could be held accountable etc etc. makes more sense if they just operated in silence and let the market figure things out in the future and make a killing out of it (or avoid pitfalls).

seems to me most of the posters here have some sort of agenda to sell and i think you would be a fool to accept their advice without due diligence - a process that should and could take a lot of time.

in any case, broadly speaking, unless some future einstein figured a way to supplant the need for RE in modern technology, i really don't see the RE going away anytime soon. i think it has also been well stated here and elsewhere exactly how hard it is to bring mine to market. the specific geology and mix of ores is notoriously hard to make production commercial.... which is why a lot of the current international players have to open up older mines (eg: the kazakhs, americans, indians etc etc). newer deposits are still ... well new. and this is where they will probably fail. unless they can show a reliable means of getting ore out of rock, that is commercially viable, they will find it very very difficult to get financing.

to be honest, i only wish the SP would go down further. go shorters! ;)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.51
Change
0.170(2.68%)
Mkt cap ! $6.085B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.44 $6.55 $6.43 $12.35M 1.897M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 63738 $6.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.52 20817 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.