SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Klob I am going to jump in here partly as an ex-SDL holder and...

1. 17,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 394
    Klob I am going to jump in here partly as an ex-SDL holder and partly in my capacity as a mod.

Firstly, in my own opinion, Westcott's research on SDL is second to none. I have never found any evidence that he has ever been dishonest in anyway and in fact has been very generous with his research. My own research reveals that the SDL asset is top shelf and George Jones was chairman at the time I was a holder and I know that he is greatly revered in mining circles. Why I sold SDL is that it became evident to me that I had very badly underestimated how far IO prices would fall. The lowly IO price and the high capex required to get SDL up and running were always going to be a recipe for disaster. That is where the problem starts and finishes...... end of story and period.

Now in my capacity as a mod I am here to tell you that you cannot attack the integrity of another poster. In addition it seems to me that you may be stopping just short of accusing SDL management of corruption. This is definitely not on and such posting behaviour could see you suspended. We all know the story of Hanlong and we need to keep that story in perspective. SDL had it's back to the wall when the board was wiped out in the plane crash. George Jones ultimately was not able to save the day because by the time he got things back on track it was far too late into the IO price cycle.....but it was not for want of trying and I still thank him for his gut busting effort to salvage the project. At that time in 2011 when the cycle was peaking out Hanlong must have seemed like a gift from heaven. It's a shame it didn't work out.

So having said all that can I please ask you nicely to stop questioning the integrity of some of the lead posters here and you should most certainly stop putting a question mark over the integrity of SDL staff past and present. In regards to the latter there are legal reasons why Hotcopper takes a very dim view of this type of posting so please be careful when choosing your words from here on in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.