OK Guys, the project to buy quality US based companies for the...

1. 704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    OK Guys, the project to buy quality US based companies for the long term has finally come to fruition

What's taken me a long time was to evaluate the various platforms available with different features and conditions. After many hours of comparing, I decided to open a separate brokerage account dedicated to US stock investing, see my recent post which explains the new platform opened:

I was offered international share trading in my long held Aussie brokerage platform, but the brokerage fees were quite high. That's why I decided to open a commission free brokerage account as I only plan to invest in small sums of money into individual quality US companies for the long term. Why small sums of money ? The companies I am targeting will be down generally which is the case at the moment due to the recent US stock market decline. However, they could fall further, so I have funds kept for other opportunities both local and US.

A couple of points to clarify before showing the first few companies that I bought into....

Quality is a relative term and what's quality for me could be complete garbage for someone else. But I try to look for profitable companies with potential for price appreciation over the long term. In terms of time horizon, I plan to hold for a decade or more, as I am not going to be monitoring day-to-day price movements that's usually done with stock trading in my Speculative Stock Portfolio. Currently extremely stretched for time to manage another trading portfolio for US stocks, so that type of project may not happen till I am able to stop or cut down working significantly i.e. retire.

First US stock purchased is Meta Platforms or good old Facebook. It's share price has absolutely tanked this year and now trading for low PE of just over 10.

The Pandemic market darling that helped everybody work and connect remotely has its share price in the gutter at the moment after peaking well over US$500 in late 2020. Decided to pick up this profitable company Zoom Video Communications because I think the trend is here to stay for the long term.

Lastly the eCommerce giant Amazon is trading close to 50% off on a yearly basis. So also added that to the Black Friday shopping basket.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4868/4868187-86a7141a84c94bfc943ed16349f0f320.jpg
    Long Term US Stock Portfolio:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4868/4868190-4cfe76ffaff7283d60d0c9bec5a2e573.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.