Generally speaking I've been keeping this portfolio to the...

1. 704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    Generally speaking I've been keeping this portfolio to the smaller to medium cap end of the market. Today bought one of the biggest stocks on the asx for this portfolio, in fact it's in the top 100 by market cap.

Company is South32 Ltd (S32), and it is a spin off from BHP several years ago. As shown in the annual report the numbers are improving and it's paying dividends, in fact it intends to pay out 40% of profits as dividends going forward. Another reason I was attracted to S32 was it's Manganese assets. Manganese has gone up this year and from information I've looked at in forums, articles and brokers it's predicted to continue this trend... So although I may have bought a speculative Manganese explorer in my speculative portfolio, I decided to go with the diversified, profitable, dividend paying stock to get some Manganese exposure and S32 has both Australian and South African Manganese deposits currently being mined.

I also paid and applied for NRW shares through the Share Purchase Plan (SPP) letter that was sent to me. At this stage I don't know if any shares will be allocated since most likely applications will be heavily scaled back to raise their proposed $5m from SPP, as the company states:

"NRW reserves the right (at its absolute discretion) to scale back applications under the SPP if the total demand exceeds $5 million."

If Any shares are allocated, I will update the above table with the SPP shares.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.