FAR 0.00% 49.0¢ far limited

It's all conjecture of course Szaba. "The Senegalese govt seem...

1. 2,090 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 560
    It's all conjecture of course Szaba.

"The Senegalese govt seem OK with it or at least neutral because they have asked FAR and COP to work out their differences rather than direct COP to take any particular action."

Notwithstanding, I wouldn't take to much notice of what the Senegalese Govt has said.
    The above statement as I understand it comes from a FAR release.
    Of course the govt is going to say something bland like that.

Any dispute between the Govt and COP is unlikely to be made public imo. Any dispute between Petrosen and COP is unlikely to be public either. Unless COP announces it, which I don't think that they would unless they couldn't avoid it. Disclosure etc. They would just say that it is not "material". The dispute between FAR and COP is public, FAR made it so!

I would think that the Govt is standing back looking sideways.
    If you were the Govt what would you do? You want to know all the details. You suspect that you might be getting gypped on tax among other things.
    As a first pass wouldn't you get your state owned corp Petrosen a full JV partner to align with FAR and ask for full disclosure?
    Are they not entitled to that information. Conjecture but I believe that they would be. That way they can remain at "arms length".

As stated are they going to tell Petrosen to "get stuffed", knowing that Petrosen are a proxy.
    As I have said before at this point as an aside, I don't expect a TO offer for FAR. If only because buying off FAR is not going to dig COP or WPL out of this hole.

I guess what I am saying is that I believe that at this point the Govt is not going to get directly involved, but could well be using Petrosen as their proxy. With my limited knowledge, that is how I think I would play it. I wouldn't put any weight on what the Govt has supposedly said. certainly not bland say nothing statements like that.

Further as I have stated it is my opinion that the Senegalese govt will be under "pressure" from "third parties". Reference my views/opinions in other posts regarding TOTAL the French Govt and the Senegalese Govt and who could be behind all this.

But no doubt Cujo with his vast knowledge in all things will put us straight.
    We are blessed to have him guiding us.
    "Come on boy", "whose a good boy then", "whose got the waggerly tail"
    "You've been a bit quiet lately boy", "come on boy"
    Can't wait to see that smilely green imoge

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $45.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 49.0¢ 49.0¢ $10.77K 21.98K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14178 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.0¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.19pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.