GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

Whether or not GDN has commercial quantities of gas is still...

1. 30 Posts.
    Whether or not GDN has commercial quantities of gas is still unknown. What seems to have been ignored though is the fact that the MD has sold 27.5% of his stake in this company (that we know of). He held 18.29mil shares and options pre 24/10 (all options in the money and exercisable) and 13.26mil on 31/10. This is a reduction of 27.5%. I have actually read some posters trying to turn this fact into a positive one. This demonstrates a degree of financial illiteracy

Now, the MD has worked for over 3 years for a relative pittance to get a significant equity stake in GDN. Do you believe that in his postion you would have sold down if;
    a) you thought the current gas discoveries were enough to justify the current sp (ie no downside to holding) and,
    b) the primary target you are about to hit may send the sp up 5,10 or even 50 fold?

I therefore think it unlikely that he has the same degree of confidence that most of you do.

Or put it another way. In recorded investment history, how many directors have sold significant chunks of equity in their companies only to see the sp increase 5fold+ in the following weeks/months based on anticipated news?
    Conversely, how many directors have similarly sold and then watched the sp fall to nothing in the following weeks/months?
    I'm sure the latter group would outweigh the former by about 1000 to one.
    Remember, probable things happen more often than improbable ones.

However, I hope they do hit the motherlode for the sake of those who are holding and seem to have a lot riding on it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.