FMG 0.87% $21.71 fortescue ltd

look carefully at the wording of announcement

1. 66 Posts.
    I sent a couple emails around today - just after the announcement (one para) re CISA and funding..

..NOW>..let me say..i know NOTHING much about all this..but over the years i have learnt, the hard way, that one's choice of words is very important.

Given we should all know that FMG have been incredibly good marketers of their story for past few years..

I found todays' announcement interesting...extract from my email...
    AGAIN>>this is just my thoughts/scepticism/cynical nature from being a trader for too long i guess...so treat my views woth grain of salt. No one else was really talking about this..the wording...as far as i know..

In the FMG announcement…they say…

"Fortescue intends to continue working co-operatively with CISA including the provision of attractive iron ore pricing if

requested."

Am I being too cynical or reading too much into those words…thinking does that mean they are NOT talking anymore??

I really have no idea but being the sceptic I am…it does not sound too good to me.

Two charts below…FMG and Iron ore…despite iron rising of late…and FMG falling..could easily lose 20% more ? (opn pdf too)

then this arvo i noticed a change in way 'story' reported...again..prob my cynicism but not the changes..

..and keep in mind given prev and ongoing (i think) dramas with regulators over prev comments/statements..i would assume that they being very particular in what they say thesedays...

email 2 below..
    Hi.

As per this morning's email…mybe I am too sceptical…

BUT NOTICE THE CHANGE IN 'story' whether TALKS STILL ON or not…VERY DIFF WORDING... they go from 'continuing'..to 'would not comment'..

11.50 am..from iress…and most 'stories…
    =DJ UPDATE:Fortescue's China Deal Misses Deadline, Talks Continue

"There is no change whatsoever to FMG's (expansion) plans and FMG and CISA
    are continuing discussions," he said.

2.54 pm..from bloomberg…'no comment' ….

“There is no change whatsoever to Fortescue’s plans to expand,” Cameron Morse, spokesman for Perth-based Fortescue, controlled by billionaire Andrew Forrest, said today by phone.

He wouldn’t comment on whether the funding talks were continuing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.71
Change
-0.190(0.87%)
Mkt cap ! $66.84B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.77 $21.80 $21.34 $408.6M 18.51M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 289875 $21.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.72 95078 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.