AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

I hold a large proportion of my shares in AGO. My sentiment is...

1. 204 Posts.
    I hold a large proportion of my shares in AGO. My sentiment is along the same line with everyone else that I am disappointed with the quarterly result. But those unfortunates are not management faults - importantly the issues are short term - and can be attributed to normal day-to-day operational risks.

I disagree with those posts suggesting that a bad announcement should be release after the market close. Yes, that is a common behaviour for speculative stocks, but I suppose AGO - being in ASX100 - would not follow that path. Transparency is important. I have never witnessed any big Australian company (ASX20) attempting to release a bad quarterly result after the market close.

But what is the real difference between releasing a bad result before or after the market close? IMHO, dad-mum's or small short term traders do not have sufficient funds to drive down an ASX-100 stock in the announcement day. It's the big players/substantial holders selling down. They would do it in their own time with a thorough research - doesn't matter on the announcement's release day or the next. In short, a bad fundamental news will always result in a down-grade irrespective of the release timing. A big company like AGO should master that principle more than we do. Releasing a bad result after the market close doesn't stop the SP drop, but leaving the share holders distrust on their transparency.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.