QPN 27.3% 0.8¢ quest petroleum nl

looking ahead

1. 8,071 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 384
    Gosh the flow of posters' comments has dried up ! Another duster I fear LOL!

So we await the news indicated by "Giggles" Rachel that should be out this week.

What are the chances ?
    Fairly slim I fear.

From what has been indicated at the beginning of the Amazon / Thames exploration any moves on Thames depended on success at Amazon.
    Thames was always a very small target compared to Amazon so I cannot see CAZA nor QPN et al being all that keen on spending perhaps another US$8 million drilling a target that, at its best will yield a pretty small return, and in the light of Amazon may also prove to be non commercial.

Maybe CAZA will come up with a different target based on a review of the information from Amazon but again I cannot see them rushing a decision on any new target despite their fresh insights into the seismic data on hand.

The recent Investor presentation by QPN (Feb 2011) talked about further developments at Bullseye in the wings. Yes well those developments have been in the "wings" for some many, many months. Might need some dusting before they will fly !

Sumatra? Hey they don't expect preliminary work to be completed there till about June. Probably read June for July. Then something may begin to happen in the way of a bit of exploration in 2H 2011. Make that very late 2011.

Right so I am saying that no matter what comes out this week I do not think it will represent anything close to waht a number of punters are hoping for. No quick action.
    I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

The only other thing would be something out of left field. Like QPN and others getting involved with some other venture that has some near term boost potential. Maybe some venture with GGP. But probably not.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.