CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

July 2009 : "There have been some offers out of the blue for...

1. 181 Posts.
    July 2009 : "There have been some offers out of the blue for that asset and the board needs to sit down over the next few weeks and assess the outright sale of that to the value of us exploring it further and getting a further price by spending more money drilling," Mr Sage said.

"We knew people were interested, but since we settled on Monday we have had three offers -- one from a Chinese group, one from an Australian group and one from an eastern European group."

26 August 2009: IPO announced to raise minimum $203 million. Trade sale process still continuing
    When we completed the CopperCo transaction we said we would be
    reviewing all assets and disposing of those that were non-core to our strategy
    of incubation, adding value and divestment, said Cape Lambert Chairman Mr
    Tony Sage.
    We believe the divestment of Lady Annie represents an excellent opportunity
    to further illustrate that we are sticking to our strategy, Mr Sage added.

September 2009 : "I can tell you right now, we've got three Chinese groups crawling all over Lady Annie," Mr Sage said. "We've got three Chinese groups crawling over Sierra Leone trying to buy either the (African Minerals-owned) Tonkolili asset or the Marampa asset.
    "I know they're in Cameroon talking to Sundance. They'll be in our (doorstep) very shortly."Mr Sage said Cape Lambert expected to receive at least $150 million in cash from the Lady Annie sale.

December 2009: IPO extended. Raising reduced to minimum $164.5 million.

February 2010: IPO cancelled. Cape Lambert Resources Ltd Executive Chairman Tony Sage said Thursday the company had approaches in January from Chinese and Indian buyers interested in its Lady Annie copper project in Queensland state.
    Cape Lambert has withdrawn a planned float of the mine due to weaker copper prices and Sage said it would consider any firm offers from the Chinese and Indian parties but otherwise planned to restart the float when conditions improved.
    "They will go on site for the next two or three weeks so if we get an offer that is close to the IPO number, we will take it," he told Dow Jones Newswires.

What is close? $155 million?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.