LYC 1.30% $6.25 lynas rare earths limited

looking awful, page-22

1. 2,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 225
    ausheds, I take your point re LYC being a spec.

5hareholder, I think holders have a right to blame the shorters - if shorters are involved. I would agree if you say blame the regulators' absence. I would also agree if you say blaming the shorters doesn't help, if that's what you meant by saying 'dont blame the shorters'. What I would NEVER agree is that their (shorters) existence is somehow justified.

If let's say you could accurately predict that a certain building is going to be on fire at a specific time. Does that mean you're somehow allowed to barricade the fire escape/exit and collect valuables from those who want to exit? No, in fact if you have such advance knowledge you've got a responsibility to prevent the fire happening. But in the case of short selling people seem to be saying if shorters are right (i.e. they could predict trouble for a company) then good on them and they're allowed to stack up the sell queue and systematically push it down which some people will interpret as 'fire! fire!' screams. And because they're allowed to do so with mask/balaclava and gloves on they'll scream 'fire! fire!' whenever they believe there's a chance people will believe them.

My gripe is simply that if anyone tries to loot a building or barricade the fire exit to rob the occupants, if they get caught they get jailed. But in the financial market people say shorters somehow help the 'price discovery' blah blah blah (lots of BS) and if they're right then good on them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.25
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $5.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.26 $6.17 $15.83M 2.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18985 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.25 53073 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.