Looking for a new Super Advisor, page-6

1. 175 Posts.
    I hope this helps: I have a SMSF as well as hold a UniSuper a/c. The SMSF holds some commercial land and some equities, the Unisuper account has various mixes of investments which I set and forget, but like the option of being able to chop and change, as well as this fund holds insurance for me (which, when I researched, was far and away the best deal). Short story: I have set up UniSuper a/c's for each family member to mostly access TPD insurances but also as their fund of choice given performance/history/flexibility/security etc.
    Initially I worked for a Uni for a while, where I (obviously) became familiar with the fund. It is now open for anyone to access. It's performance has been excellent with excellent spread of options, although like most funds, been hammered lately -but the more the hammering then the more upside to return to the mean, so keep this in mind as you look to the future... basically it comes back to the saying 'it is the time in the market that counts, not market timing'. I have been slow to learn this lesson, but have been sufficiently diversified to have done OK (as I get closer to retirement).
    Diversity is also the thing to research -for me I started 'all in' on one investment (land) and as I age, have moved toward diversifying on a sliding scale approach (although I still have some 'poker $' to play with for fun i.e. a small allocation for highly speculative investments which BTW have been resolutely disastrous, but still fun..each to their own.
    Worthy of checking them out in your mix of options IMO. Good luck for your future

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.