jimbo, a couple of points;Esuper is CHEAP (as already stated)...

1. 791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    jimbo, a couple of points;Esuper is CHEAP (as already stated) but has some requirements/limitations. They also get a small commission for certain transactions, I believe, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but is part of the total cost. I expect, but don't really know, if this is what happens with the SIPP's i.e. you see one cost but the return reflects another. Nothing is free and you get what you pay for. If you think esuper is expensive, then best put your cash to better use in a return ticket (tongue in cheek).

Many other SMSF offerings may be more expensive, perhaps more flexible and perhaps come with better compliance admin and advice, perhaps. As a newbie to Oz and not knowing much about the super system, remember you will be relying a lot on whoever is the administrator to make sure you don't stuff-up, or it's probably on your head.

Unless it's a corporate one, I thought most of the FirstChoice funds were pretty cheap on overall costs, so maybe you need to check what the charges actually are that you say you are bleeding.

Remember, the tax-efficient advantages apply to super in general, not SMSF's in isolation. Don't let anyone tell you they have magic powers and special tax benefits. It's largely crap. they have other advantages though.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.