FRI 1.18% 86.0¢ finbar group limited

Looking for spooks, page-14

1. 4,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    I think in most cases it would be inferred anyway that buyers would not be able to simply walk away. The majority of those who do successfully walk away I would say would have to legally bankrupt to avoid settling on an apartment, in which case they probably walked away in the first place as they could not sustain the downturn versus more wealthy clients who would weather the likely decrease ine quity and settle regardless of the economic conditions.

That said, the share buy back is quite a small drop in the ocean of the overall equity of the company (shares on issue wise), however it is good to knwo that it is still there eating up excess supply. That said the share price has still been on a downward slope and from the looks of it does not appear to be improving any time soon. Therefore I would say that things are just slowing rather than being stopped. Might see a price in the low $1 that may signal a good point in time to re-enter the stock. Although it could be catching a falling knife at this point, given the bottom may not necessarily be in sight.

Would be interesting after this financial year to see what the dividend ends up being. We so far have banked ont he fact that dividend would remain the same to value the company as a bargain , however like anything if dividends stagnate or even decrease then the share price response could be savage.

Given my mate settled on his apartment the other week it will be interesting to see total settlements for the june 30 cut off on Subi Strand and tocatta.

Wondering also if there is room t o extend or increase the size of the buy back or if there is a legislated maximum which the company has reached with its current planned buy back? I guess one could simply check the initial announcement (when i get home perhaps).....

I dont' remember it even being brought up but has anyone had any opininon on the sale of the Monadelphous building, this was at one stage toutedas a stready tenant income stream in past annoucnement and financials, so it was interesting to see that they offloaded these.

Also of interest would be the ongoing saga regarding the Pelago apartments - don't think FRI is out of the clear in the political storm over the Liberals purchase off FRI. Would be great to get rid of these sort of assets as I'd rather they go slow and steady than target the heavy returns in the up north (during good times) and not so good during bad times.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FRI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.