FRI 0.00% 97.5¢ finbar group limited

Looking for spooks, page-42

1. 4,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    Brenomulo, I read your post, but did not give it the time that it deserves, but I will when I have the time and the spirit to do so. Until now I have tended to avoid the tedium of considering guesstimating FRI's trajectory via the bottom-up process that you used, because:

a) I assumed that FRI itself would be doing that style of analysis, and I have used the repeated instances of directors buying shares to support my investment decisions are probably;
    b) Euroz has followed that bottom-up approach, and its reports basically supported my top-down picture of FRI as a business; and
    c) sheer laziness on my part.

On dividends, I like to see a company that is five years old, or older, paying dividends, but other deployments of funds can be justified - e.g., share buybacks, debt reduction and debt avoidance that make sense. I agree that the larger projects are likely to need more funding, so the historical DPS trajectory, may flatten for some years as FRI moves to a higher per-project business model. Another reason for liking dividend-paying stocks is that getting a return on my original investment puts me in a frame of mind that can sit out the mood swings of Mr Market - for many years if necessary.

Management should not be obsessed with growing NPAT. What is more important is the long-term EPS trajectory, and hence share buy-backs may at times be the optimal target for allocating funds, especially for a firm like FRI that does not have vast fleets of equipment and hordes of employees that need to be kept busy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FRI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
97.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $265.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
97.0¢ 97.5¢ 96.5¢ $138.9K 143.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1157 97.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
97.5¢ 42905 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FRI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.