MSB 4.66% $1.13 mesoblast limited

I take my hat off to those shorters who rode the GvHD...

1. 7,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6773
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2582/2582175-29494970c17a1f7f0088555484d33428.jpg

I take my hat off to those shorters who rode the GvHD announcement. Shorters are often unfairly maligned as gun-ho and reckless. I short on occassion (Tesla at present, APT in the past despite originally owning it from around $5). Sometimes things just get that exuberantly priced if you believe in fundamentals you can't resist. The reality is you can't short unless you are a 'sophisticated' investor and they will do their homework just like longs, usually more given the costs and risks. Nikola was a classic example of the value of shorts in dampening exuberance before it gets utterly silly (it was just silly at the point of revelation).

I was expecting to see some natural profit taking and short positions reduce since the price drop on October 2nd. Instead short positions have been increasing. Now this is risky. Shorts didn't reduce their positions on the pre-ODAC drop either I notice. MSB has an array of announcements in November, and unless those shorts have literally managed to out science the MSB medical professionals, some are going to be positive. There are very likely some short stops go off if we have another spike in November, thus exaggerating any spike up.

Like I say, I'd take my hat off to those who called the FDA over-turn of the ODAC, but shorting down here on the stock with November's slew of potential positive announcements is a mistake in my humble opinion. I am happy to take the other side to that play.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.13
Change
-0.055(4.66%)
Mkt cap ! $1.284B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.18 $1.18 $1.13 $4.824M 4.236M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25589 $1.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.