PLT 1.43% 69.0¢ plenti group limited

looking good for 2009, page-37

1. TTH
    1,255 Posts.
    Dabru,

Regarding your comment that "forecasts for future profits are extremely conservative" ...

Yes and no. I think they are conservative, as they should be. Extremely conservative is probably a bit strong, because the bucketloads of money that we know they could potentially make is based on a perfect world where the planets are aligned and everything goes to plan. Unfortunately there has been too much misalignment of planets in PLT's history, but then again we're due for a nice change! Some would scoff at the figures and assume that they are just into capital-raising mode again, but there is plenty of substance to back them up.

In terms of conservatism, something that was briefly mentioned in the presentations could end up being pretty significant. The bit about "National screening programmes being evaluated for Poland, Turkey and Sri Lanka". I managed to get a question in about these just prior to the winding up of the meeting, and it appears that these are looking like good prospects, Truscreen is the only one being evaluated, and if they go ahead then Poland would be 1,000 units, Sri Lanka 100 units and Turkey would be 'very large' (?!!) ... an EU-backed program. When you look at that and 3,000 SUS p.a. per unit at $7 each, it's looking pretty healthy. Ben said not to get 'too excited about it' because they were still in evaluation stage, but didn't hesitate to roll out some of the impressive numbers.

There are so many of these potential good news stories that could sprout from so many places around the world, that the future does look very rosy indeed. Now for sort-term funding, alignment of planets and the new quality SUS manufacturers to get us past the supply-chain bottleneck and we'll be well on the way to that $1 drink-up!

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
69.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $120.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
69.0¢ 69.0¢ 69.0¢ $613 889

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 28067 69.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
70.5¢ 5785 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.25pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.