PLT 4.00% 72.0¢ plenti group limited

looking good for 2009, page-49

1. TTH
    1,255 Posts.
    Re: 'Management get to pick the week to work out the what the $2 mill will get them don't they?'

No,

As you would expect, the party willing to part with $2M say when they're ready to part with the money. As you would also expect, PLT are not about to say ... no, not ready yet, we'll just make sure the SP is higher so that you get less shares before you give us all of that money that we urgently need ! I think not.

Sorry, I'm being a bit silly about it, but it is a funny scenario you can paint if you follow the logic of the previous question to its conclusion.

The exact details of this were discussed in the AGM during the Q&A session, and it was clarified that the Chinese company (Unisplendour Junchuang Medical Co Ltd) get to hand over the money when they want to (up until the 24th February 2009), and it will be taken from then. They are apparently not in a situation where they can do it immediately; they need to get approvals / finance / something or other, can't remember exactly what. It sounded like they won't be ready for at least a month or so if not longer.

In terms of the discussions today, I would be surprised if they were free to trade on-market given the funding arrangement they've got with PLT. If anybody happens to be ringing the company soon then please ask, because I would have thought there would be an agreement between both parties (including directors etc.) not to do any form of open-market trading that might manipulate the SP, given the funding terms.

Likewise, with conspiracy-theory talk of the possibility of the Chinese company selling or placing large sells to manipulate, that would assume that they already had a significant shareholding to sell with. Unless that has been happening over time without anyone noticing (e.g. they're not a top-20 as at 30/6/08), then they would have to first buy some (which would increase the SP) to then sell later. I understand that this could be timed to some extent, but it seems like a pretty huge company and I don't know that they'd be bothered with spending a large amount of time monitoring and trying to interact with the market. Anyhow, just my take on it, I do normally enjoy a good conspiracy-theory.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
72.0¢
Change
-0.030(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $126.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
75.0¢ 75.0¢ 71.0¢ $178 242

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 878 72.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
75.0¢ 50779 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.