KEN 0.00% 1.3¢ kuth energy limited

looking great, page-9

1. 1,341 Posts.
    One of the key constraints in this whole geothermal process is infrastructure. I think this is where KUTh has it over many others, in that it can hook in to low voltage and supply the local area as well as entering (eventually) the high voltage arena when it has sufficient “thermal reserves”.

The problem with GDY is that it requires at least $1B (~650km) to hook into the NSW system. I just don’t see the need for it to run to SA when limited growth (population and industry) opportunities.

I think this is the strength of KUTh, with the Bass Strait power cable, if or when it hits the “motherlode” (thermally speaking of course), it could power NSW, VIC – both of whom are expected to be suffering from brownouts in the future.

And coal is so politically un-plateable.
    Couple of other geothermal company’s I think to look out for:

(a) Granite Power (located in NSW, SA) – unlisted at the moment (going to list soon), but could be huge. It has tenements in NSW near a try-point of power grid lines, they are also doing a process with the University of Newcastle (questionable)

(b) Eden Energy (EDE) are going to spin out there geothermal assets in the near future, but are a bit on the nose with the market – run by a jewish buddist???????

Got to love the Industry – but I still think KEN could be bigger than GDY – just look at the people behind the company – and note that the chief geologist for GDY did the Independent Geologist report for KUTh

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.