CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

Hi Ktrianta,It's not boding well for our hero in the field right...

1. 428 Posts.
    Hi Ktrianta,

It's not boding well for our hero in the field right now.

Here's a link to an article that pretty much says it all.

http://afr.com/p/iron_ore_alert_as_china_cuts_steel_Bkoi6NOPC5KYN7JNXNhzfO

I was fortunate enough to take profits yonks ago, but still keep tabs from time to time. Unfortunately, I recommended the stock to a mate in "happier times" and he's still holding, so I really would like to see it recover as well.

Marampa absolutely had to be sold before the music stopped and I feel Sage would have been better to offload at what would have previously been a discount to ensure capital is protected. I sold for these reasons.

1)Europe - nuff said.

2)And the outlook for Fe oversupply coupled with a slowdown in China, however temporary. Apart from some small stakes in some juniors, all the eggs were/are largely in Marampa (which is effectively mothballed until things pick up significantly) and the Pinnacle assets, which are a long, long way off. It puzzled me why Sage didn't diversify more aggressively. There's copper, gold and some rare earths and others but only in a small way.

I may look at a re-entry if MCC and the tax stuff gets sorted satisfactorily and they announce a creditworthy strategy for dealing with the current situation. Or perhaps if Fe prices somehow do a big U-turn. Who knows? Next year they might spike for long enough to get Marampa away. Can't see it this year.

Good luck all.

Peter

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.