NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Macleod, at the risk of alienating you and some others, 2006 was...

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Macleod, at the risk of alienating you and some others, 2006 was far too early to be on this stock. I do, however, believe your investment will be well worth the wait. THe perfect storm was post the crash and prior to xstrata options being finalised.

Those concerned about Xstrata are also misguided that this is a one player deal. I dont even think that the Anglo merger will provide a disincentive as annual free cashflow from that merger was to generate 100's of millions per annum. It may only delay activitiy - but either way i suspect that Xstrata will exercise their option early next year.

All economic commentary is now unanimous with respect to the global recovery. With that recovery comes increased industrialisation - what drives industry are resources, and from resource production comes increased demand for platinum because of their use in the mininig process for heavy machinery. Industrialisation also brings wealth, and the middle class in China (the C of the BRIC economies) is growing already.

Demand for platinum will outstrip supply in 2010 - and so a decision will be made - i have no doubt here!

I wouldnt even bother with the daily movement in NKP other than perhaps to pick day trading opportunities. A nice pennant was forming but has since been curtailed. Nontheless, ST indicators are now again presenting for a ST trading opportunity for those that way inclined.

A consolidation pattern has been building for NKP a while now and the longer that pattern holds, the greater the longevity and power of the break - so whilst painful, it bodes well for the future.

The US dollar is having an impact on GOLD price and this dictates the shadow price for other precious metals in the short term - until the fundamentals i spoke of earliar come back into play. Remember, GOLD is not dictated by fundamentals at present, but by perceptions of the RELATIVE weak US economy and as a hedge against inflation. A weak dollar and rising inflation will mean rising gold price, the inverse is also true.

We are now at the end of option expiry weak and approaching the next quarter. October - December will provide very important indicators. Also remember that the majority of the stock holding for NKP sits well above 90cps.

For those on the ride - sit back and dont worry about. Best divert your energies to researching other potential plays as this one is a goer.

Best of luck

Disclosure: Very Large Holding, LT Holder (2-3 years) I do trade the dips however for an income flow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.