Hi guys,New member. I have read through most of the posts...

1. 16 Posts.
    Hi guys,

New member. I have read through most of the posts through here regarding CFD's and looked at comparison sties for CFD's online etc etc like Canstar (which only has ratings from 2009 that I can find so obsolete by now) and thebull.com.au, etc etc etc.

Can someone please explain to me, if I was to sing up with GFT for example, how they would be making money off me by me losing money? Is it not in their best interest to keep me happy and to make their money by a small spread in buy/sell and in overnight finance charges.

So far I have downloaded 4 demo accounts IG, GFT, CapitalCFD's and CMC. They are all quite different. I definitely prefer the feel and simplicity of some over others.

At the moment I ONLY want to trade ASX Company CFD's. That's what I know, so the jump across to CFD's will be much easier. I plan to hold them for 3-30 days (give or take obviously). Trades will most like be $8000-$13000 a time, maybe none in a week, maybe 6 in a week. So I'm not talking huge money here (margin-wise I mean). I'll be risking between 1-4% per trade. More likely 2-3%.

Can anyone give me ANY pointers at all please, as some previous discussions are quite old and there has been some new regulations come in and also as of June 30 companies such as CMC have changed the way they charge commissions. People have also mentioned FP Markets as being good before.

In layman's terms why should I NOT choose specific providers and why should I lean towards others. I've done hours upon hours upon hours of research but it's all about trying to cut through the baloney.

At the moment I must admit that CMC's platform "feels" the nicest and most intuitive for me, it also asks for confirmation (which I like). Guys from GFT and Capital CFD's have been calling me all week.

Sorry for the long post....

Any kicks or pushes or feedback would be amazing

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.