DES 0.00% 9.5¢ desoto resources limited

looking to rise great depth, page-17

1. TTH
    1,255 Posts.
    OscarOne,

Good post, as always.

However, I'm not so sure about your theory that ('perhaps') people are taking a position for a SPP. I've been through a couple of SPP's lately (PLT and COE), and finally learnt the trends that almost always seem to occur with SPP's:-
    - (obviously) they are always well discounted against the current SP
    - the SP tends to drop down near the SPP price, and stays there for a while after the SPP closes (possibly because of all the quick 10% profit-takers)
    - they almost always give new investors a chance to buy in (as little as 1 share) prior to the record date
    - $5K is the maximum, and a SPP with huge prospects can become oversubscribed, therefore less than $5K on offer

Therefore, I can't see the prospect of a SPP being something that would encourage new investors to buy in; quite the opposite in fact. If you think a SPP is around the corner, you hold off buying until the SP comes down or buy a small parcel within the record date to participate in the SPP (if you're happy with just $5K or less).

It must surely have more to do with the BYI play, or otherwise.

Whatever it is, it's good to see that we're getting close to eating up all of those MPH sellers, although they seem to just keep appearing as the sell queue gets smaller. Let's hope they're not replaced with BYI sellers.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.693M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 53235 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.9¢ 60912 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.30pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.