TLS 1.09% $3.62 telstra group limited

looking weak

1. 1,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    The below post is my opinion;

Well the labor party has really slammed telstra - so much for the predictions that this NBN deal would be good for telstra's shareprice. The Future Fund is no doubt a value fund manager and it wouldn't be selling if it saw compelling value in the NBN deal and telstra.

Despite telstra being like the Black Knight from Monty Python it is time for this company to announce something positive....a share buy back....an aqcuisition.....or rejection of the governments NBN proposal. I would buy another 100k worht of shares if Sol came back to run the company. Current management are looking like a bunch of wally's.

If current management were so convinced that the deal they have forged with NBN Co and Labor is so hot then why isn't the company buying back its shares at current prices.... the mathematics are simple regarding the savings it would make from the overall dividend obligation.... are they worried about future earnings? Every cent these dopes let the telstra shareprice fall then the more dilutive a scrip based aqcuistion of (for example) Suncorp would be. Looks like they missed channel ten for a mere 1bill. The longer they wait the worse things will get. Media business should be built through paying for top sport matches, events and tv shows.... media is a low margin business anyway but the power of having a captive audience is also undeniable. They should enter banking and insurance where the sector take was around 20bill last year and labor gives you a free ride...but maybe this will change if their buddies shift out of the sector.

Come on telstra management step up to the plate. Your current media offerings are feable and don't compete. New technical product releases look below average in my opinion (pad hub box). You all need to take the advice of an old melburne entreprener "overanalysis leads to paralysis". Just buy an asset you dopes before market cap is sub $10bill....

Disclaimer: the above post is my opinion. The above post has been submitted purely for entertainment purposes and is not to be used in making any decisions.

I have not stated a sentiment as the company is a political football, however, I have a holding and hope the shareprice goes up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
-0.040(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.68 $3.61 $73.49M 20.25M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 211809 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 336517 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.