NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

Looks good to me !, page-15

1. 13,087 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2734
    ok some newswire coming out from majors, like me they are seeing through theheadline result

Doing much better but shessh lots to spend, free cashflow unsustainable given the project spends, guidance.

Its trading a big multiple 15plus on historical with forward expect to dip

Simply on valuation grounds I think its worth less that 10 as I expect this will continue for years and there is no guarantee of the gold price

FYI Good luck

DJ Newcrest Projects Seen Consuming Cash -- Market Talk

0150 GMT  [Dow Jones] Newcrest Mining Ltd.'s (NCM.AU) improved free cashflow
    simply isn't sustainable, argues Deutsche Bank, which says a commitment to several
    new projects damps the outlook for surplus cash generation. "Newcrest has committed
    to a number of new projects within its portfolio, aimed at maintaining gold output near
    current levels for the next few years," the bank's analysts say. "We
    believe Newcrest is being quite strategic with its disclosure on these projects,
    outlining small preliminary capex budgets that are 'digestible', without
    disclosing the overall budget required to deliver the project." But they think new
    projects, such as the Telfer cutback and Lihir plant expansion, will "weigh on free
    cashflow for years to come." Deutsche Bank has a sell rating and A$10.10 target on
    the stock, which trades down 0.1% at A$11.43/share. ([email protected]; Twitter:
    @RhiannonHoyle)

Editor: MNG

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
      August 17, 2015 21:50 ET (01:50 GMT)
      Copyright (c) 2015 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
    Tuesday 18 August 2015 11:50:00.000 AEST

DJ UBS Worries About Newcrest's Lihir Linger--Market Talk
      19:56 EDT [Dow Jones] UBS's concerns over Newcrest Mining Ltd.'s (NCM.AU)
    Lihir mine haven't been allayed. While Newcrest provided the market with an update
    on the Lihir operation alongside its FY earnings report, UBS argues information was
    limited. "The data shows broad ranges of potential outputs and is only at a
    prefeasibility level," it notes, adding that "beyond the first five years,
    little detail is available." It thinks that--although some investors are willing to
    overlook this, drawn to Newcrest's size and liquidity--the operation will remain a
    drag on the stock. "What concerns us is that despite containing 38% of
    [Newcrest's] 75-million-ounce reserves and 32% of group output, Lihir clearly
    remains at a conceptual stage," says UBS. "For this reason, we have lifted its
    discount rate from 8% to 10%." UBS, which has a sell rating on the stock, cuts its
    target to A$9.40 from A$10.40. Newcrest last traded at A$11.44. ([email protected];
    Twitter: @RhiannonHoyle)

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
      August 17, 2015 19:56 ET (23:56 GMT)
      Copyright (c) 2015 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
    Tuesday 18 August 2015 09:56:00.000 AEST

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.