looks like the worm has turned, page-10

1. 4,960 Posts.
    Hiya Miiike, long time no speak, sorry that I never got back to you on the Metatrader coding front, got a bit distracted by studying the MACD and its divergence signals, and found that "coding" the signals into english was amore profitable short term thing. I'd still like to chase up the order code with you at some stage, but am busy growing a trading account first.

Basically, I have been working on the concept of risk management and trading strategy based on turns, with the greatest profit being identify the turn then follow the trend until a turn in the opposit direction is indicated, and then swapping poositions to ride the next trend in the opposit direction.

the theory is that if one can identify the turns at the start of a trend change, this presents the best low risk entry, as the beginning of a turn will tell you very soon if it is going to continue or not.

I have found a very good method for identifying turns, based on serial divergance of signals on the MACD.

first a divergence in price against the MACD Histogram, followed by a divergence in price against the MACD moving averages, followed by a convergence in price in the direction of the MACD divergence.

This provides a very strong signal of a turn.

I have found this particular set of signals works on all markets and all time frames. Getting on to it can be a challenge, particularly as I am still in CFD leverage land.

My latest effort was on gold this morning, with an entry at 751.5... at around 6am this morning. that trade is still going.

For my AUDUSD call, the turn was first signalled on the 5 minute chart, and then confirmmed in greater time spans.

I have coined the initial turn the whooshka, and have written many posts about it, particularly on the XJO thread.

Hope that helps.

;)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.