GQG 0.72% $2.75 gqg partners inc.

I feel uneasy with any comparison between the two. Rajiv Jain...

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    I feel uneasy with any comparison between the two. Rajiv Jain strikes me as a fairly humble man who displays none of the hubris and marketing gimmickry that the other gent did. Mr Jain also has a much better, and longer track record as a portfolio manager than anyone at Magellan ever did (look at his Vontobel track record). Mr Jain speaks very highly of his team (which ha has built from the ground up) with great sincerity whereas Mr Douglass never seemed quite as sincere in any light praise offered regarding his team. Mr Douglass always gave me the impression that he thought he was the key person with most of the insights. Joe Aston's observations in the AFR are on the money...Mr Douglass sometimes appeared dismissive of supposedly key lieutenants' contributions to the process and outcomes. Perhaps that's where he and Magellan have come unstuck as a business. GQG appears to have much sounder foundations, with lower fees, a more diversified customer base and better performance to boot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GQG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.