COPPER 0.00% $2.71 copper futures

"I see decades of shortages ahead...or...copper prices above...

1. 8,656 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 440
    "I see decades of shortages ahead...or...copper prices above $5.00 indefinately"

Good post T4P....no argument here!

Although financial markets are a little nervous lately,with little distractions such as the GFC,QE1/2/3,Euro worries,Greece etc,I think this is nothing more than a little blip in the greatest Bull market of all time.Simply with BILLIONS of people throughout China making a transition from approx US$6000GDP per Capita to our approx US$44,000 per capita,demand for many resources is likely to exceed supply.(Ref. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/china/gdp-per-capita-ppp)

And sometimes I think,that although many people know that this will be the case,it is the speed at which these things happen that catches everyone out.

A little off topic as to the copper discussion,but to demonstrate how people are caught off guard with their analysis, is to look no further than Alan Greenspan.Now like him or loathe him,this chappie,the former President of the US FED,who would have had all the BEST financial information,outlooks,trends and insights of anyone in the world,could not even see the GFC coming.I suggest you read his book.....The Age of Turbulence.....to see,that even with a title like that,not one single mention of the problems to unfold.This from the World's most informed economist.What hope have the rest of us got.

Just makes me think that if people couldn't see the biggest financial disaster in decades,they also can't see the biggest boom coming.

Here T4P,I know you are a thoughtful analyst,you will probably enjoy this if you haven't read it already.Our local library has it,maybe yours might too.Good Luck!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COPPER (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.