Lord Malcolm Tells Rich Parents To Shell Out, page-16

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Malcolm is right...all the bleeding hearts are pathetic!! When I bought my first home in 1982, I had an 18 month old and another on the way. Mum was not working, she was staying at home looking after the kids.
    We didn't have Child Care centres on every corner wanting telephone numbers to care for a brat for a few hours...we took the kids with us or had friends who would occasionally assist.

There was no "First Home Owners" rebate or any Govt incentives to assist me...AND Banks wanted 10% minimum deposit before they would look at you.
    We did without, Second hand furniture and hand outs were the order of the day. I remember many times not even having enough spare money to buy myself a bottle of beer...

The whingers these days want it all...the biggest and best entertainment systems, multiple bedrooms, two late model cars in the driveway, and so the list goes on...

Kids are not locked out of buying their own home at all...total bunkum...if they lowered their sights for a while they could easily buy a modest affordable home to get into the market and start building equity...it just may not be in the ritzy suburb they want!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.