lost 90 percent on a stock 10 on a house

1. 17,117 Posts.
    that last post was becoming a slanging match....out of whack with the heading...
    just to give some perspective on different investment classes available.....
    I had held a stock for probably over 5 years, intec, supposedly good modern technology extraction system for the mining of metals and minerals, and green clean technology........its been faltering on the basis of the zinc price...but they had other metals that could have been extracted and diversified.....yesterday without any prior warning...they basically shut down the process and put the thing on care and maintenance.....like palliative care in hospital when some one is dying and there is no hope......
    I lost 90% of my investment in intec......sold out as there is no hope of recovery.....it was not a huge amount of money, but its all gone...
    on the other hand, I have noticed the mv for my houses has dropped by 10%.....which when compared to the stock investment is triple the value....but the difference here is....I am the business manager of the houses, and they will recover and provide me with a profit....when that profit is I dont know....
    compared to the managment of the stock.....who offered no hope or alternative strategy to protect shareholders interests....
    now can you see why I prefer bricks and mortar, with myself in control, compared to handing over money to others in control ???
    cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.