lost a bit to a lot in this market, page-14

1. 18,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 410
    Trading is simple...once you understand the complexities :)

Trading is a business...you are essentially competing with other business people, therefore your knowledge/business plan must be better than 95% of the other business people.

Consider that most people or 50% who start a business quit in around 12 months...another 25% quit in the next year and so on...in 5 years only 1 in 20 of those who began will still be in business, these people will do ok and make money though some will still fail.
    The numbers are the same/similar for trading.

You must have an exit plan and know what the business will cost you if it fails before you even begin, in trading this a stop loss.
    You must know when to sell your busines and not get emotionally attached/greedy...in trading this is a trailing stop etc.

That is essentially all you need to make money from the market, you just have to fine tune the above and look for investments that have a good probability of the share price rising.

I am in the black this financial year, I am a sophisticated investor and a previous stockbroker and have my own investment company, I have also lost the lot once before and learnt my lesson well, I have learnt how not to lose money first and then learnt how to make money secondly.
    I have seen how people/trade invest and know first hand the vast majority fail and I have seen how they fail.

Trading is not about knowing companies, it is about knowing the psychology of markets and those who make up the market.

Oh one more thing...the trend is your friend.

Hope that helps

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.