ECL 0.97% $3.07 excelsior capital ltd

Well if I am suspicious I would suspect that it leaked but only...

1. 5,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    Well if I am suspicious I would suspect that it leaked but only a very little...

Not much in it anyway.

Not sure how I feel. I think it has positives:

1 Realising that control is not always the best outcome nor is having 25% sometimes you can ride a bigger wave or a few waves with smaller investment parcels.
    2. Looking at Glennon capital's website and GC1 the listed entity - I have a great deal of respect for Michael Glennon - I think he started GC1 around the end of July 2015 when the index was around 5600 today it is around 5400 yet he took 97c ( after the raising costs) and its $1.05 before tax and has paid a fully franked 3.75c dividend in the space of just over a year...
    3. If you look at the Glennon website he has been doing his stuff for a long time and doing well. Most of his career is running larger portfolio's it seems.
    4. The return has to be a lot better than cash.
    5. Realising that now is not the time to invest in electrical supplies - greater competition and weak demand - I am extremely glad they did not run out and amass a whole lot more of the same.
    6. My experience is that each company needs renewal so appointing a new manager to the electrical business whilst possibly retaining the past leader as well looks like a good outcome. I could not understand why this company had such a highly paid CFO for what was running a bank account and a medium sized business. So I think that overheads should be less after this and hopefully the management of the investments would be a lot easier as you are tapping into a manager already set-up.

So generally I am happy although not sure what the performance will be only thinking it must be better than cash.

Negatives:

1. Is now the right time to be getting out of cash ...
    2. Uncertainty around the size after the buyback... about $22 million cash and a business - is this really what a listed company should be ???
    3. Its then neither a LIC or a business operator.

After all of that I think at least its got to have a chance of doing better than now. I think I will give it a run for a period and see how it goes. I dont have much in my SMSF in it so the idea of the 27c dividend is not too attractive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.07
Change
-0.030(0.97%)
Mkt cap ! $89.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.10 $3.10 $3.07 $17.17K 5.564K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2483 $3.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.50 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.07pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.